Signing up for the Parent Portal
- An individualized access code has been provided that connects you to your student(s). If the access code is misplaced you must get a new one from our data tech, Christie Olmos.
- An email address is necessary to access both Schoology and ParentVUE (it can not be a student school email).
- Parents need to register for their own accounts.
- Once you are registered for ParentVUE, you will automatically get synced to Schoology.
- Accounts do not need to be renewed each year.
- One registration provides access to all of your children that attend Paramount Unified Schools.
Schoology for Parents
· Parents will receive an email to activate Schoology within 24 hours of creating their ParentVue account.
· Go to app.schoology.com to access Schoology (will not connect to Classlink like teachers & students)
· When students log on, they get 2 accounts
o Parent account – access to student information, to see content...must go into Courses tab. (Will only see their own child's comments if in a discussion)
o Personal account – can join & create other groups (ie. PTA)
ParentVUE allows parents to monitor attendance and academic progress online.
With ParentVUE you can:
- View class schedules
- Monitor attendance
- E-mail your child's teacher
- Monitor achievement reports
- Monitor report cards
- Monitor discipline
- Update contact/emergency information
Schoology is a learning management system that allows collaboration and monitoring.
With Schoology you can:
- Check announcements and get feedback
- Monitor Schoology gradebook (if used)
- View your child's activity, as they
- Have interactive discussions
- Take tests
- Write academic blogs
- and more!
*Access varies dependent on teacher classroom use